Thursday, June 1, 2023

WHEN (NOT IF) THE STORMS COME


 

Job 38:1 / Then the Lord spoke to Job out of the storm.....

You and I both know that life is about "storms". Those things that come to that seem to have the power to derail any progress we've made in walking out our relationship with Christ. Your rocking along, singing your favorite worship song or hymn, when suddenly you are blindsided by an event or circumstance.

Maybe you got news that your doctor discovered you had a disease of condition that you didn't realize. Maybe the storm comes through the death of a loved one. The list could go on and on and on, but the bottom line is that as long as we draw breath on this side of heaven, the storms will come. For my part, it seems like they get more frequent as I have gotten older.

The real problem occurs when we take our eyes, thoughts and prayers off of Jesus and turn them toward the storms. When Jesus fades to the rear of our attention and all we can focus on is our condition or what it is we are going through at that moment.

I take great comfort in the verse from Job 38. The simple plain truth that God speaks "out of the storm". He is there. He is at the center of what is trying to draw us away from Him. I do want you to  know that this mornings posting is as much for me as anyone else who may read it.

God is there! He does one of two things.  #1 -  He takes us out of the storm....or #2 - He takes us through the storm. What I have come to realize is that we He takes us through a storm there is something He is trying to show us. To let us know that His word is true and we can rely on Him even when the storm is at its peak and haven't any answers as how to navigate through it. By faith I lay hold of His hand a little tighter during these times. By faith I place my trust in Him that He knows best whatever the outcome may be.

Father....May we grow in you this day. May we listen all the more closely when the winds of our storm are raging, whispering dark enticements to turn away from You. Keep us as we lay ourselves on Your will this day. In Jesus name, Amen.

God on you....

michael b.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...