Monday, May 25, 2009

And God said.......

The most incredible thing God does, he does so without fanfare and recognition, to some degree. It happens before us over a period of time and yet we really don't see the implications of this work. What work you may be asking? Why the work of creating a "new" people from something that did not exist.
I Peter 2:9-10 reads:
But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation. His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Hm who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light: who once were not a people but are now the people of God. Who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.
We are incapable of making this happen. We possess no power or ability to create a "new" people or group from something that did not exist. Just as Jesus proclaimed, "I am the way, the truth and the life, we see that it is WHO Jesus is and WHAT Jesus did that opened the door to this creation of a new people.
I am clearly aware of this process and work of God as I see lives changed and empowered to take their place in this people who now "ARE". Knowing all too well the change that has taken place within myself that has lead me to be counted among these who now "ARE." It has nothing to do with church membership (I'm not against it). It has nothing to do with our denominational flags we have chosen to walk under (I'm not against that either). IT has every thing to do with recognizing that Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith and we look unto Him for everything needed to walk through this world.
Have a great Memorial Day....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...