Saturday, May 2, 2009

Visitation Day



Vicki and I went to supper with the kids and grandkids last night. A good time was had by all. Much conversation about life and how God was working through it all. I marvel at the wisdom of my son, Chad. He and his wife, Robin, are in the process of getting their house in order on all levels of work. I hear, when he speaks, things that he has learned over the years. He is much wiser and bolder than I was at his age.

I received an invitation to speak Sunday morning at Convenant Christian Church. This is a real honor for me, as this church does so much for the men who come through the program. They are a very loving and giving people who have heart for those who are struggling through addiciton. To be able to go and speak on a Sunday morning......in Big Church! That is so way cool.

It has been a good week here at Rapha. We have a number of new guys who have come in to go through the program (thank you, LORD!). A number of new "city" guys coming from jail to work out their fines (Thank you again, LORD!). whenever you have an influx of new people there is an uncertainity in the camp as everyone is trying to fit in and learn how to live here. So this week has been a week of orientation.

It has also been a week of learning how to not focus on things that will draw your attention away from what you have to do. Not being caught up in drama and expending a lot of energy that is needed in your own personal journey with Jesus. This is where I am currently. Trying to stay on task and move on.

Don't forget that next weekend, we will not be hosting a Saturday night meeting.
Don't forget that next Sunday is MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Verse of the Day:
"And now I will send the Holy Spirit, just as my Father promised. But stay here in the city until the Holy Spirit comes and fills you with power from heaven."

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...