Saturday, August 15, 2009

Who Am I Lord?

Ps. 8
V.1 - O Lord, our Lord, How majestic is thy name in all the earth, who has displayed thy splendor above the heavens!
I love the way David states this. He claims God for himself as he writes "O Lord, our Lord." We have to truly understand that we are His and He is ours. We abide in Jesus and Jesus abides in us.We can see the name of the Lord if we look around ourselves.

God told Moses that His name was "I AM". The name of God is open ended and by that I mean you can add to the name of God what ever it is you need Him to do. If you need salvation for your life today, then you can cry out to God whose name is "I AM SALVATION." If you need peace and assurance in your life and heart, then cry out to God whose name is "I AM PEACE AND ASSURANCE."

V.4 - What is man, that Thou dost take thought of him? And the son of man, that thou dost care for him?

Me, with all my mess........all my sin.........all my stuff that I carry around......and God still takes notice of me and wants to have relationship with me. Why? Because I am part of His creation. I am the reason that Jesus walked out God's plan for restoration. Jesus willingly went to the cross and gave His life. No one took it. No one killed him. He gave up His life to pay the price for me and everyone else who has lived and is living and will live. That if we confess with our mouths that Jesus Christ is Lord, and believe in our hearts that God has raised Him from the dead, we will be saved. Dude! That is heavy duty stuff.

Find God today.Open up your heart to the pure, unadulterated fact that your Father in heaven loves you and wants you to come to Him. Whatever your problem............whatever your situation.........what ever your lot in life..........His desire is that you come to Him and begin anew this relationship you were created to have.
Turn your eyes upon Jesus....
Look full in His wonderful face....
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim...
in the light of His glory and grace........

God on you.............
MB

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...