Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Freedom


Psalm 107:20
He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction.
The Word?
The Word became flesh and dwelt among us....Jesus!
In the beginning was the Word and the Word was God and the Word was with God.....the mystery of the trinity.
For the Word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword....the Bible.
SO in Psalm 107 which one did God send.....?
Jesus?
The complete God....? Father, Son and Holy Spirit?
The written Word?
The answer? YES! ALL of them.
We are blessed to have the complete Holy Spirit of God at work in us daily. Unlike those in the Old Testament who did not receive the fullness of the Spirit, we have been given the comforter to lead us, teach us, speak to us the truth of God daily.
The Bible....
Yes, we are blessed to have a written copy of the truth of God. I don't argue over "did we get all the books for our Bible or are there others out there we don't know about?" I take by faith the Bible I have as being complete. If God had wanted the others in the cannon of Scripture, He would have placed them there. To me, when others seek out what they perceive as the "lost" books of Scripture, they are operating from the notion that got the woman in trouble back in the garden of Eden. You know where the serpent told her to "Eat this and your eyes will be open and you will be like God." Behind that subtle message was the thought that "God has hidden some stuff from you that He really doesn't want you to know. Eat this fruit and it will be made evident to you because you will operate on the same level as God." I trust God for the Bible that I have.
The Trinity....
Jesus lives to intercede for me (Hebrews 7:25).
Holy Spirit is interceding for me (Romans 8:27)
Who is Jesus and the Holy Spirit interceding to?
God the Father.
It's like this prayer circle that goes on 24/7 between the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
When I place my prayers in this circle, I join in .
When my prayers are in line with the Father's heart, then He moves on them.
When my prayers are simply full of "ME" and my own fleshly desires, God chunks them to the side and says, "Try again."
This salvation......
This new relationship I have been brought into with God truly is a new life of freedom.
Not freedom to do what I want to do...
But freedom to do what I ought to do.
God has granted me freedom from the presence of sin.
God has granted me freedom from the power of sin.
And God has granted me freedom from the penalty of sin.
By His word, I am healed....
God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...