Thursday, March 11, 2010

Who Am I?


It is so easy to loose your way in life.
To step ever so slightly from the path God has called you to walk and loose track of where you are and who you are.
Oh it doesn't mean you've fallen into grievous sin...
it just means you are not where God intended you to be.
For me that path I am suppose to be walking involves a mental part.
God requires me to always remember the way he created me
and the person he so intended me to be.
It is easy to listen to other people as they define who
they think you should be.
Oh, it isn't an obvious "you should be this"....
rather, in my head...in my mind....I hear a voice that
condemns me and said that I have strayed from the path of God's calling. Others know who they are but I have lost sight of my own spiritual reflection.
Truth be known, I had not strayed, I was just looking elsewhere.
looking for some kind of validation that I was hearing God.
Validation that I was hearing him rightly.
But I was allowing my own flesh to cloud and define what he was saying.
Something happened Tuesday night.
A call to return to who I am suppose to be.
It came in a familar voice that I had heard hundreds of times.
Was it God speaking to me?
It was God speaking through a man that I have come to turst.
A voice that has given me direction over and over during the last 16 years.
I have great peace now.
I feel as though I am put back on the path.
So what was all of this about?
It is about all of us trying to hear God and then walk out daily what He has told us.
It is about finding our place in the body of Christ and then giving.....
Our lives...
Out talents....
and yes...
Our finances....
I am so grateful for the people God has surrounded me with.
People who will speak truth to me and not tell me what I want to hear.
I am so grateful for today..
With all of its problems and situations...
Even those I don't have an answer for...
I am grateful.
I am grateful for another opportunity at life.
Thank you God!
mb

2 comments:

Bobby said...

Stay on the path....be yourself and make disciples.

Bobby said...

Stay on the path....be yourself and make disciples.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...