Monday, May 3, 2010

Simple Things

Peace and contentment are found in God.
God is found in the little things.
Knowing.......
Not a gathering of information or head knowledge, but a truth that resonates deep inside your spirit.

Psalm 100:3
KNOW that the LORD, He is God.
It is He who has made us and now we (ourselves).
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.


How many times have we come across this verse? Many I suppose.
As we read it, it conjures up images of bright blue skies and green, green grass with fluffy white sheep as far as the eye can see.

We forget the first words of this verse.....KNOW.
God desires us to understand who He is and who we are and the relationship between the two.
God desires us to understand the extent of power that He has.
We read Genesis 1 where "In the beginning God".....but we don't really think much about what transpires next.
That God spoke....get it......words.....speaking.....forming a language that was not only heard, but when spoken brought forth out of the nothingness, everything we take for granted today.
Power beyond our comprehension.
That same God, with that same power.....
created us.
And not only created us, but provided a place for us to live. His pasture. How big is His pasture?
Let's just say it is roomy enough for all of us sheep.
If God lays claim to us as "His sheep," then He will take care of us.
That is a simple truth.
I stay close to Him, listen for His voice and follow where He says to go.
Simple things....
Peace comes from knowing God.
Knowing God brings contentment to my life.
This morning I am blessed beyond measure. How do I know this? Because I look around at my life..............my wife.........my sons..............my precious daughters-in-law and my grandchildren.
I look at what God has called me to do here at Rapha.
Thank you LORD!
God on you..........
mb

2 comments:

Bobby said...

Jesus is a good Shepard. You sure do look content in that picture with your grandson on facebook!

Greene Street Letters said...

Oooops! That's my grand daughter, Ashley....I was content.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...