Thursday, November 25, 2010

Count Your Blessings.....

Today, here in the United States, is a day set aside for giving thanks for what God has provided for us.
Although many in my country will not turn their hearts or eyes to God on this day, this day carries a reminder that it is indeed God who raises kingdoms and brings them down. It is God who raises leaders and brings them down. It is God who blesses beyond measure.

Psalm 100:4 reads: "Enter his gates with thanksgiving. Go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and bless name.
That is what I intend to do today.
As my family gathers around the table at dinner time, we will stop and give thanks to God for the bounty he has given to us. A bounty that is not measured by physical, material things. But a bounty that is found in our hearts and in our daily lives of having relationship with him.

So today I am thankful for:
1.) My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
2.) My family
3.) My health
4.) Rapha
5.) Friends.....I mean real friends.
6.) God's Word.
7.) Vicki's cooking
8.) The call of God on my life
9.) Gadsden Vineyard Church for allowing me to learn how to pastor. You guys put up with a lot and you never complained.

In the song, America The Beautiful, we hear the words "God shed His grace on thee." God has truly blessed our country and on this day, even though our country has turned its back on God, those who are believers and followers of Jesus should take time to thank God for that grace.....that empowering presence in our lives that enables us to be who God created us to be and to do what God has called us to do."

I guess I could go on and on but I will stop.
Where ever you are, no matter what country, stop today and give thanks to God.

until tomorrow...
God on you.........
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...