Tuesday, March 15, 2011

John Wimber - Doing the Ministry of Jesus



My spiritual father.
I can't tell you the number of hours, weeks and months I have spent studying and listening to John teach.I am who I am today because of the seminary I went to....It was a closet that contained hundreds, yea thousands (Sounded religious didn't it?) of tapes of John Teaching. It layed the ground work for the model I use in minstry. It kindled a fire within me and burned me with a love and thirst for the Word of God.

I am grateful for Jim Bentley and Gadsden Vineyard for letting me "play" and learn how to do the stuff.
I guess I'll never be as amazed as when someone you have been working with and teaching, suddenly has the lights come on they realize that they can participate in the ministry of Jesus.

It really isn't about the guy up front during church.
The one who stands behind the pulpit. It isn't about him because the only thing this guy is to do is to "Equip the saints to do the work of the ministry." In other words, teach those who God has placed under their care to pray for the sick............Feed the poor.............clothe the naked..............visit those in jail and prison.............cast off demonic spirits......................oh yeah............raise the dead.
Right now you're thinking that I have let the cheese slide off my cracker.
No I haven't.
I just believe that these are the very things (according to Scripture) Jesus commanded us (not just me, but you also) to do. DO the stuff...the stuff that Jesus did.

Think on these things...
God on you.....
mb

1 comment:

Bobby said...

Those tapes changed my life! Keep doing the stuff mb!

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...