Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Addiction....slow death

I guess the one thing I have come to realize over these past 13 years of being at Rapha is that addiction is an
Equal opportunity Destroyer.
It really doesn't matter what your social status is......
Or what race you are.....
Or the level of education you have....
None of those things matter.
What matters is that addiction occurs because of a broken relationship.
You don't have a drug or alcohol problem....
You've got a living problem....

Sad part is that the addiction problem is getting worse.
Reckon that has anything to do with society rejecting God?
Pushing him out of school and home....
Voting him out of the government.....
Making sure that all our entertainment is "God-free" so that we can enjoy ourselves and feed our flesh a continual diet of trash?
Our nation has a living problem.
It has a broken relationship with God.
That concerns me.
It is part of the reason I write this blog everyday.
I know that I'm not an educated theologian, but I do have the Spirit of God teaching me and instructing me in His Word.
That is why most of what I write on here is very simple.
I believe our problems are simple and the solution is found in the Word of God.
What's the cause? Sin
What's the solution? Jesus.
Repent!
Confess!
Surrender!
Accept!
There you go..........Bob's Your Uncle!

There is a passage in Deuteronomy that is very peculiar.
Let me be the first to say that I do not believe it refers to drugs of any kind or sort, but I find it very comforting that it fits within the culture of our society today.

Deut. 32:22
For their rock is not like our Rock, as even our enemies concede.
Their vine comes from the vine of Sodom and from the fields of Gomorrah.
Their grapes are filled with poison, and their clusters with bitterness.
Their wine is the venom of serpents, the deadly poison of cobras.


Two rocks...
One you smoke to escape reality...
One you run to, to escape the judgement of the Lord.
Which rock are you embracing today....

Great is thy faithfulness....

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...