Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"Door A? Door B? Or Would You Like To Trade For What Jay Has In The Box?

Joshua 24:15
"But if you are unwilling to serve the LORD, then choose today whom you will serve. Would you prefer the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates? Or will it be the gods of the Amorites in whose land you now live? But as for me and my family, we will serve the LORD."

Step #3
Made a decision to turn our WILL and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.

It is the hardest place to find yourself in.
Choosing.
"What do I do? Which do I choose?"
Really the question is quiet simple.
The reason for the struggle is that you truly have not given up. You still want to be in control. You still want to at least give the perception that you are captain of your own ship. Never mind that your ship is named the TITANIC and is taking on water at an alarming rate. I see this truth over and over not only with people who are trying to break free of addiction but in others as well.

I totally understand this mindset, yet, at the same time, I understand the need to surrender and serve God.
You see this whole exercise in deciding or not deciding is not what this is all about. It really isn't even about me. It's about God and His love for me and wanting the best of His Kingdom for my life. I am the least possible part of this whole equation. It is about God! It is about a choice that was given to me, simply because of His love for me. Me, being the sinner, looks for the easier, softer way in order to do what God wants to do. Remember in the big book of A.A. it states that "Jesus does for me what I could not do for myself." Simple. Either give up and embrace this new life....or stand there acting like you truly don't know what to do (when in fact you do, you just don't want to make that call).

Each cycle here at Rapha, someone will come to me wanting to talk about their plans.
How they are struggling trying to decide whether to stay for the entire 6 month program or leave after 7 weeks. "I just don't know what to do!" (that is code for I really know what I need to do....I just don't want to.") The greatest piece of wisdom ever given to me was a man who told me that when I am faced with two choices in a decision I have to make, always look for the peace of God . Which choice do if see the peace of God on. Which ever one it is, that is where I need to choose because the devil cannot counterfeit peace. This has served me well for some time.

God is good....
Everyday...
All day long...
Every time...
God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...