Monday, March 7, 2011

Then They Will Know....

Ezekiel 38:23
And so I will show my greatness and my holiness, and I will make known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know I am the Lord.

As a believer, my heart yearns to know God on an increasing level each day.
I study His Word.
I pray.
I listen.
I worship.
I share my story of what He has done for me.
I fellowship with other believers.
Yet in this verse, God clearly states that he will be known in the sight of many nations.
That everyone, both saved and unsaved will not only know it was God who had brought signs and wonders, but there will be an understanding of his authority and power. That He truly is THE LORD!

For those who are saved (have relationship with God) it will be a glorious understanding. One that will cause our hearts to beat faster with love for God and His kingdom.
For those who are not saved (those who have either rejected or not decided on salvation) it will be a terrifying day of understanding. There will be no where to run to or hide. The truth will be inescapable that this God whom they have rejected is real and his Word is true.

I think that what our world is currently going through ( Unrest in middle East/ Oil prices / Weather / Governments trying to take the place of God) is God shaking the very things we have always placed our hope and trust in.
Our own personal comfort and well being has been exalted over God.
I heard it said one time, "God isn't really interested in my comfort, as far as the material things of this world). Somehow I believe that may be true.
Does that mean God wants me to get rid of everything I own?
I'll leave that one to you and God, but it does fall within the character of God.
God is more concerned about having a holy people, a royal priesthood, a people who was not and now are.

Peter speaks in Acts 10:34: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism. But accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right."
There truly is a winnowing going on currently in the world.
Those who will stand on His right (the sheep welcomed into the Kingdom of heaven)
and those who will stand on His left (the goats - "Depart from me, you who are cursed, into everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41).

I pray that the voice and touch of God come to you today and bring healing and refreshment to your spirit and soul.
I pray that you hear that voice and your heart is stirred to new life.

God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...