Thursday, March 10, 2011

What A Day...

Rain, Rain, Rain.
Roads were flooded going out to Rapha yesterday, and I fully expected them to be the same today but when I made my way there....water was gone.
The Pond is full....
The Creek behind the dorm is seriously rising but no water in the compound.
The Chapel is high and dry which is a miracle in and of itself.
So, God is good...
Of course God would be good if the whole place was underwater.
God is good  no matter what.

Jeremiah 17:9
The heart is more deceitful than all else, and is desperately sick. Who can understand it?
The longer I live, the more truth I see in this verse.
I am grateful for God saving me, but more than that, I am grateful that God placed His Holy Spirit in me to guide me and uncover me so that I do not deceive myself.
I work with men everyday who are blind.
Blind to their own deceitfulness.
Not realizing that they are moving farther and farther away from the truth each day they reject God and His offer of "REAL" life.
That is the thing that frightens me most these days.
Man's ability to deny the truth and embrace a lie.
I tell the men all the time, "IF you don't realize that you have a problem, then nothing I say will be of importance to you."

The heart is made sicker through the choices to continue in addiction.
The mind is placed in more bondage with each use, each drink, each thought that drives the user farther and farther into the darkness.
It takes the power and love of a Supernatural God to smash and move through such darkness.
I will never doubt God's power or ability, nor will I doubt the power of sin in a person's life.
I'm not saying that sin and the devil is more capable than God. No! I am simply saying that a choice has to be made by the person. That is why I spend time in prayer everyday for these men who come through our program. Praying also for those who as still "out there" using and running that God would remind them of the things they were taught while here at Rapha. Remind them of the truth that has been planted inside of them. Praying that the enemy would not come and steal it away.
It is a battle for the souls of those in addiction.
I will not give up the fight or turn back.

God is a good God!
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...