Saturday, July 30, 2011

Larry Norman: THE OUTLAW




We saw Jesus in a different light back in the late 60's and early 70's.
New voices were rising up, writing songs and singing about this Jesus.
It changed me.
I would never be the same.
Jesus became more real in my life as I searched out Scripture and saw the futility of trying to do it myself. Trying to "earn" my way into heaven.

I hooked up with others who were also on this journey to know Jesus. Older folks didn't understand us. Spoke bad against us. Claimed that since we played guitar's, we were playing the devil's music. Funny how folk's got saved when we played the so-called "devil's music". 

I learned more about love during this time than in any other period of my life.
Sad to say, but I forgot most of it and have, under God's conviction, begun to love again.
I don't wish to reclaim those years past.
I don't even with to replicate them here and now.
I simply want to acknowledge what God was doing in my life and in the lives of so many other during that time.
Those were good days.
Hey! These are good days....

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...