Friday, January 23, 2015

Yes He Is!



Job 38:4-6
(God speaking) "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding. Who determined its measurements? Surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it? To what were its foundations fastened? Or who laid its cornerstone?"

Great conversation between Job and God. Job was going through the hardest time a human has ever endured. Such will cause you question why? And such will even cause you to question God. 

God's reply?
"Tell me Job....where were you when creation was taking place. When I was busy laying the guidelines and foundation for everything you can see, touch, taste, smell and hear? Huh? Where were you?"
We tend to forget that a God who can bring everything into existence, and keep it all in order and in line, is the same God who desires to work in our lives, to bring about His purpose and our good.

Such a feat on God's part, requires that I move in faith on my part. To not look at situations and circumstances and allow them to dictate my feelings, thoughts and emotions. When we do find ourselves in a hard place, we have a tendency to move toward doubt. Don't! Stop, get out your Bible and turn to Job 38 and read how God lets Job know who is in control, then believe that God is doing the same for you. 


I know that everyone loves to quote Romans 8:28, about how "all things work together for the good in those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose".  What falls under "All things"? Everything! The good, the bad, the happy, the sad, the successes and the failures all work and piece together a complete picture so we can see God. That is the hard part in this whole "all thing" formula. Every situation we find ourselves in is an opportunity for us to mature and grow in Christ. Every problem we face is an opportunity for us to trust God a little more than we have in the past. I've said this before, and I'll say it again...........Life happens. Good things and bad things happen to us. Some because of dumb choices we make, others simply because it's life. But no matter which, I totally have to trust that God is in control, and that my job is to seek Him, listen for Him, and trust Him. Believe that He truly is God and that He still acts in the same manner we read about in Scripture. 

This is one of the reasons we need to be connected to a community of believers. It provides us with a place where we can gain strength, encouragement and prospective on what we're going through. We can receive prayer and some wisdom from others who may have gone, or currently be going through similar situations. That's why I'm so grateful to the people who are a part of Vineyard ReCovery. We all realize our need for God and the healing that takes place when we gather on Saturday nights. So no matter what you're facing today, stretch out your faith and tell God..."I trust you today. I trust that you are in control of my life and my situation. I will trust in you and I will not be afraid."
Think on these things...
God on you.....

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...