Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Show Me Your Face, Lord


I say the words....
I hear them myself as they roll off my tongue.
Exiting my mouth, they fill the room with sound.

Bold words....
Bold words spoken from a heart that is unsure of its own capability....
I say the words...
I sing the words.....

"Show me Your face, Lord....Show me Your face."

Do I really mean that?
Do I want the real God to come and pull back that thin veil between my life and His existence?

Do I want to stand in the presence of a Holy God?
Could I stand in the presence of a Holy God, or would I simply fall to my knees in worship?

I prefer to think the later.
What would it be like to stand bathed in the power of holiness that burns white hot with His love?

Why would I not want to see the face of God? 
Would it be that my "humanness" be undone in the presence of the Eternal?
No where to hide...
No where to run....
Anything I could offer up would seem pointless and futile.
The only thing I could give.....myself and my worship to Him.

A broken heart and a contrite spirit.

Then the thought fills my mind and my heart, "I do want to see the face of God! I do want to stand in His presence and hold nothing back as I worship Him. To scream...to dance...to expend myself completely on Him.
There is nothing finer in this world or the next that can compare with such a thing. Expenditure of self to the one who gave you life. To the one who saved you from a debt you could never pay.

So like Moses, on the mountainside, I will lift my hands...my heart...my spirit, and with great humility ask...."Show me your face, Lord...show me Your face."

God on you...

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...