Friday, January 17, 2014

We Are A Called People

Psalm 111:10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom. A good understanding have all those who do His commandments. His praise endures forever.

Hopefully, I am finding out some truth, and I say this in all humility.
As one grows older, the events and the history that is collected should sharpen and hone a persons view as to the time and season they are living in.
In my case, I'm not sure. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish between wisdom and just plain old becoming ornery. Walking around like a sourpuss with a scowl on your face, mad at the world. I wish to not be known as the latter.

In the past, I have railed against the goings on of our nation and the government that resided in Washington, D.C. How the lack of common sense has been replaced with a selfish, self centered view to every law that comes out of Congress and is signed by the White House. Year after year, it seems as though the Government has set its collective mind to move God out of the national conscience of this nation. Bit by bit, God is pushed farther and farther from view....Oh, we will acknowledge Him and give a nod of approval that He is real...but don't be dragging any of His theology into the nations conversation. Here is where it gets dicey.

At one point, I had such a mad-on toward this whole "Get rid of God" mindset, this separation of church and state, that I declared, "Let's do it! Let's separate the church from the state. Let's move the church out and tell the government to keep its paws off of the church. Leave it alone. Don't tell us what to do. Don't be meddling in our affairs. You can't run around crying about the separation of church and state, then try to rule over and run the affairs of the church. Let's do it. Right now.

Then God spoke.
(Sometimes I hate it when He does that..speak, you know).
I hate it when God speaks, because I have usually spouted off some stupid statements that found their origin in my flesh and not my spirit.
God told me that the whole church and state issue was one that had its beginning in the kingdom of darkness and had been a part of humanities history ever since the woman bit the fruit in the garden.

The church, or the body of Christ, is the moral compass for a nation. It it is removed, then the nation hasn't any guidance. Therefore,it becomes a people who rule by their passions and desires rather than the word of God. In my thoughts, it seemed as though that this is the way it operates today. A government moved by their flesh rather than the absolute truth of Almighty God. But what God showed me next removed all the doubt as to the roll of the church. We are the voice of God in a society that has embraced darkness. We are the owners and purveyors of the truth of God. Ours is to simply cry out into this societal darkness and reveal the cross of Christ. Ours is to love even though we are not loved in return. Ours is the make sure that our society has no excuse as to not knowing the truth of who God is.

We cannot separate ourselves from the state, even though the state may come after us and declare us to be intolerant and a threat. We cannot silence our voice as to the gospel. Neither can we allow our voice to be tainted by our own anger or flesh. We must not waver in calling out our government when the law and the ambition of those who rule, go against the very fabric of God's word. Now, we cannot do such things, or act in such ways that stem from pride or arrogance. In everything we do, we must humble ourselves before God. Scripture says if we live in such a manner, that God would raise us up (exalt us) in due time. Ours is to simply love and proclaim the truth. 

I don't know if living in such a manner will have a happy, fairy-tale ending or not. But I do know that we are to be stewards of the Kingdom while we draw breath here on this earth.........here in this society........here in this time.
I want to be faithful with all that God has given me. I want to be salt and light to a world that has lost its flavor and its illumination. 


Please God....bless America one more time.
God on you....

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...