Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Truth Is In The Air



Psalm 107:20
He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction.

Time has passed by me....
Culture has left me standing here among my own thoughts and views.

I was talking to a person the other day and I happened to mention about burning Cd's of our service. He laughed....no really...he laughed and said, "You dinosaur you....nobody uses Cd's anymore." To which I replied, "I do".  He went on to school me in the latest whiz-bang cloud stored info do hickey. Sounded like something out of a funny book  (see there's a term some might struggle with..of course it dates me. Hey! I'm a dated man).

Our conversation went on and at some point I happen to mention the radio program, "Through The Bible". Dr. J. Vernon McGee hosts the show and it is a five year study of the Scriptures. line by line, verse by verse. Once again the laughter came..."Nobody listens to the radio." Well, yes they do.

To me, my friend had turned into a techno-snob when it comes to getting the word of God out. If you check out the webpage for Through the Bible, you'll find that it is produced in over 100 languages and is transmitted through out the world. People who would never have an opportunity to hear the gospel are given programs, in their own language, that helps them to understand who Jesus is and the life He is offering to all.

We have been blessed beyond measure in this country. Our technology is second to none and we have received great benefits because of it. But never look down on any means used to get the Word of God out to those who have never heard of Jesus. I am grateful to every man and woman who spend their lives in an effort to see that everyone hears the gospel. To every Wycliff Bible translator who works tirelessly to translate the Bible into various native tongues. Whose name will never be known to the general public, but will never be forgotten by God. Blessings on you this morning!


No matter where technology takes us, the gospel will always be about one person telling another about Jesus. It is the John 3:16 good news that has to be spread. Truth be known, we could use a little spreading in this town and state. I fear that we have a form of godliness, but deny the power that changes hearts. O.k....enough of my rant. I guess the bottom line is we are not alone on this planet. And we have a mandate to spread the word of God and make disciples. Truth is, everyone can't go to the far reaches of the world to be a missionary. But maybe you can pray for and support those who do.
Think on this...

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...