Friday, April 17, 2015

Weekend Stuff And Learning To Love


Don't forget...
Tomorrow night @ Vineyard ReCovery Church....7 p.m...
The "We Are One" worship event will be happening....
A chance to hear some great music....
An opportunity to gather with "the Body" and worship like it's nobodies business.

No charge to get in...
But once you're in, we hope and pray that you become charged for Jesus.
We will take up a love offering to help the group with expenses.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every Friday morning, around 4 - 4:30 a.m., I get a present.
I awake to a message that tells me that "God loves you, and so do I. Have a great weekend." The message is from Randy Thrower, a good friend of mine. May not seem like a lot to some, but it means the world to me. It sets the tone for my weekend and keeps me focused on what's important. That my purpose in life is very simple....

1.) Love God with everything I am, and everything I have.
2.) Love those around me as I love myself.
Sometimes I think we sluff off this whole idea of "love"....

We want to focus on the so called "Big Things" in religion.

Learning Greek and Hebrew so we can dissect verses and find hidden meanings to the Scripture. I think Jesus said something about such. Now how did that go? Oh yeah, to paraphrase, Jesus said, "Hey guys, you search the scriptures, but you don't  know me."  

We can set up agencies and programs to aid the poor.
We can feed the homeless....
We can visit those in jail and prison...

But if we can't love those we come in contact with, we miss the point.

It's not enough to say "We love"...
We've got to put feet to our proclamation, and do it.

It's not enough to say "I love you" to the ones that we truly do love....
It's the ones that we don't want anything to do with, the ones that irritate us...the ones that make us mad...that the place God wants love to emanate from. Bottom line, it's about changing me and my perception of those around me. It's about me becoming a little more like Jesus.

I Corinthians 13:13
And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is LOVE.

God on you...
mb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...