Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Who Is This King Of Glory?


I Timothy 2:5-6
For there is one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity--the man Christ Jesus. He gave His life to purchase freedom for everyone.

I hope you are able to follow what I am going to write this morning.
At times it seems as though we laud Jesus to such a degree that we create a Jesus that others see as being unapproachable. We pile title after title upon Him, and with each one those who don't know our Jesus see Him as being one who wants nothing to do with them.

A Jesus who stands above and beyond their own sin. The notion is that they are not worthy to come in contact with Jesus. That His heart is to only punish them with great pain and misery. But that isn't my Jesus.

Is He the King of glory?
Of course He is....
Is He the Lord strong and mighty?
Every day......

Is He the Lord mighty in battle?
Yes!

But we must always remember that He is the good shepherd leaving the 99 to go after the one.
The one who has wandered far from His protection and covering.
The one who does not fully understand the danger they have chosen for themselves.
Jesus risked it all to retrieve us.

Jesus gave everything He possessed to pay the price to redeem us from the penalty of sin, the power of sin, and the presence of sin.
This is the Jesus I want those who are still in spiritual darkness to know and come to love.
In fact if you read Scripture, you'll see that there is a duel nature to Jesus.
He is referred to as "The Lamb"....of course such a title comes from Him being lead to the cross like a lamb to the slaughter. He spoke not one word to defend Himself, but accepted what lay ahead on that hill outside of Jerusalem.
The other part of Jesus we see is "The Lion of the tribe of Judah".  The awesome picture of power and strength. Complete opposites,but all part of who Jesus is.

I want those who do not have relationship with Christ to fully experience the fullness of Jesus.
The fullness of His forgiveness....
The fullness of His love...
The fullness of His mercy....
I could keep listing all the "Fullness" attributes that are afforded to us by Jesus, but I won't. You get the gist of it.


What manner of heart does Jesus possess that would enable Him to carry all these Kingly titles yet, at the same time, stoop to save the lowest of the low? Not just save them, but to love them with a love that is beyond anything found in this world. That is who my Jesus is.
This is the Jesus I have given myself to .
This is the Jesus I have decided I will chase till I draw my last breath.

Why?
Because He is worthy.

He looked at me and found worth and value to my existence that I could not see for myself.
He reached down and took me from the garbage heap of life, cleaned me up, and filled me with His Spirit.

He saved me.
Today I am grateful for life and for who Jesus is to me.
It is my wish that you find the same for yourself.

You will not be disappointed.

God on you...
michael b.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...