Thursday, June 14, 2018

Heart Felt Thanks This Morning


Hmmmm....let me see.....
I am grateful....yes sir.
I am thankful.....got that right...
I am joyful......yeppers.
I am alive. If I remember right, Psalm 150 states that "everything that has breath, praise the Lord.....Praise Ye The Lord!!!
That's what I want to do this morning. Give the Lord His proppers.

Monday of last week I was out cutting grass when I had two episodes with my heart. Having had a heart attack back in 2011, and a stint put in, I've been super aware of the old ticker. So when these two things happened, I ceased my mowing, went inside and called my wife. With little discussion, we both decided the best plan of action was to contact my heart doctor, let him know what had happened, and pursue his advice.

Well, to make a long story short, I was told to cease all physical activity and that I would be scheduled for a heart cath on the 12th. That is what I did...all physical activity came to a grinding halt and I worked and worked at not working. Of course with a few days ahead of me before the cath, my mind was assailed by all manner of thoughts. Thoughts which included heart surgery.....and even (dare I say it) death.But above all the darkness, there was a peace I was experiencing that seem to whisper, "I've got this. Trust Me." That is where I planted my flag.


Much prayer from others was applied to our situation, and the peace only grew stronger and stronger. When Tuesday arrived we made our way over to Riverview (Not to be confused with that other hospital over by the great tire plant...a hospital I call Rubberview).  I knew that things were going to be o.k. when during the prep for the procedure the nurse mentioned that if things went well during my cath, and nothing was found, I could go home afterwards. In the beginning I was told that I would be staying for 23 1/2 hours, which I really did not want to do. I am a geezer, and everyone knows that gezzer's and gezz-ett's love to sleep in their own beds. 

Well, nothing was found that would point to me having the problem with my heart. Doctor just shrugged his shoulders when asked what caused my pain. He said that I had no blockage and the stint that had been put in was operating at full capacity. I know what happened, and I'm sure most of you know what happened. I was healed of what ever was causing the pain. I'm sorry! I'm just crazy enough to believe that God is still in the healing business, and that prayers are still the currency of heaven that moves the heart of God to act on our behalf. 

So although a bit sore after the cath, I am well and looking forward to resuming my schedule. I may not attack my yard work with as much gusto as before. In fact, I've hired my grandson to take over the yard duties for now. He's excited because it affords him the opportunity to have some funds. A boy needs "funds". Besides, that what "Poppa's" do...isn't it.

Thanks to everyone who prayed for Vicki and me. The prayers and love were very much appreciated. So I will still be posting here at Greene Street Letter, and until tomorrow....

God on you...

mbb

1 comment:

David Finlayson said...

Had no idea what you were going through. So glad to hear the good news!

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...