Thursday, November 26, 2020

VERY GRATEFUL THIS MORNING

 


On this day which is set aside to give thanks, I am truly grateful this morning. I give thanks, first off, that God has given me another year. Hard year? Yes, but here we are. We're still standing. We still have most of our marbles, and can still scoot-a-vate around without too much difficulty.

My entire family is a year older, and hopefully a year wiser through the trials and tribulations that have come our way. Tyler is finishing up his first semester at the University of Alabama. Ashley is navigating her way through the ninth grade. I see your hand upon each of them, Father. Like I said, today I am grateful.

My sons continue on in the field of their choice. I remember back when they were little boys, to a night at Central Methodist Church. Vicki and I knew that we were ill equipped to raise these boys. Not that we were bad parents, but just that we wanted them to be raised in the ways of the Lord. So we gathered them up, and took them down to the altar, sitting them upon the rail. We got down on our knees and said, "Father, we don't know how to do this, so we are giving these two boys to you. We will follow your will and directions, but we are asking for You to help us." I truly believe that here on November 26th of the year 2020, God has done just that.

My daughters-in-law! What can I say about them? Godly women, that's what. Beautiful women that the Holy Spirit shines out of. Women who love their husbands, and truly are help-mates to them in this journey God has for the two of them. Never having daughters, these two incredible women have become my daughters. Oh I do not seek to take the place of their real dad's. I could never do that, but they have become very special to me. They both have carved out a place where they can be a positive and godly influence on those they come in contact with.

Today at 12:30, we will gather around the table as a family. It is 5:06 a.m. at the time of this posting, and my wife is preparing to begin the finishing touches to our Thanksgiving meal. This is her act of worship unto God! The love that she pours into her meal prep.........the worship songs that come from her lips as she goes from task to task...it truly is a "Love" meal. A meal that is given to us, her family, filled with her love for the Father, and thanksgiving for the family He has created.

So from all the Bynum's here in Attalla, Al., we wish you all a very glorious Happy Thanksgiving. 

"Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him and praise His name, for the Lord is good and His love endures forever. His faithfulness continues through all generations."

God on you....

Mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...