Saturday, December 12, 2020

TONIGHT'S CANDLE LIGHT SERVICE

 


Luke 2:25 / "Now there was a man in Jerusalem called Simeon.........."

Tonight we will be hosting our annual candle light service @ The ReCovery Church. But tonight's service will be, to me, an unusual one. You see, every year I struggle with what to say......what approach to take.....Putting it down on paper so as to make sense of it all. Sometimes this struggle leads right up to a few days before the service before it is complete. This year was different.

Back in October Vicki and I were having our quiet time. I wasn't thinking about Christmas....it was no where on my radar. Out of the blue (or should I say Out of God's direction) came the word "Simeon". I knew who he was, and I even knew where the Scripture concerning him was located. I tried to dismiss the thought, but it would not go away. 

Finally turning to the Scripture, I read the passage in Luke chapter 2. It was as if I were seeing the words for the first time. They jumped up off the page, into my brain and dropped to my heart. I knew this was God that was speaking. I didn't know why it was happening at this time, but I knew it was God.

I think maybe God wants us to see something about this man, Simeon, that is important for our day and time. God wants us to understand that His Kingdom will and His Kingdom plans are not directed by the events that take place in our time and space. He is sovereign!!

So if you can, come out and be with us tonight at the ReCovery Church/  Service starts at 7. We are doing the social-distancing protocol, but that is not going to dampen or stop what God will do in the room tonight.

If you can't make it out, then join the live-stream of the service, as we celebrate the birth of the Christ Child. You can catch it on THE RECOVERY CHURCH ON BROAD STREET Facebook page.

Mercy Christmas!! From the "B's" (Michael & Vicki) in Attalla.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...