Saturday, January 9, 2021

HEARING GOD

 


Romans 10:17 - So then faith comes by HEARING, and hearing by the word of God.


I may be wrong about this one, but I believe that the #1 thing most people  struggle with is hearing God. Oh, I'm not talking about a verbal, out loud voice (although such is possible). I am speaking of that inner voice that floats through your thoughts, your heart and your mind. The one that causes most people to say.."Is that God? or is this my own thoughts."

If you know anything about the 12 Steps, then you know that Step #10 speaks of improving your conscious contact with God, or your ability to hear when He speaks. Well, as part of our teaching at the ReCovery Church, we are going to talk about this tonight. I hope to show you how you can hear God for yourself. Now this isn't going to be something you can boil down to a method or a program. If anything it is some simple things that will cause you to be more aware as you move through you day.

The meeting starts at 7 p.m. tonight. If you can't come out, then catch us on "The ReCovery Church On Broad Street" Facebook page. Looking forward to seeing you. 

God on you....

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...