Tuesday, January 25, 2022

GSL FOR 1-25-22

 


Verse For Today:

Psalm 139:1-2 - O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off.

To some who would read these verses, they would take comfort in knowing that God understands what they are going through. That He has the capability to know our thoughts, intentions and motivations for our behavior. There would be a level of peace knowing that God was always with them, watching over them, and guiding them. Nothing ever catches God off guard or surprises Him, so that He is slow to act or move on our behalf. Of course for us, we need to trust Him. We need to live a life of obedience to His desire and not our own self will run desires. I can hear someone say at this point, "Easy to say---Hard to do!" And they would be partly right. Our old nature...the flesh....sin nature (call it what you may) rises up to demands its way from time to time, and a battle ensues when it does. A struggle between "What I want!" and what God wants. At this point of my life, I have found benefit in daily turning my will over to God.

Think on this today!

*****************************************************************

Prayer Request:

I stopped by a store yesterday afternoon to pick up some things for supper and I saw him sitting near the front door. He looked to me as if the world had beaten him into submission and that he was simply marking time. His eyes had seen way too much and his posture revealed that he really didn't want anyone to bother him. My first thought was to do just that.....avoid him, but you know that God wanted something else to take place. I got out of the car and started toward him and as I did he seemed to draw back. Keeping my distance, I asked him how he was doing. His reply, "I'm making it." Then came the classic line I have heard more times than I care to count..."Hey mister, can you spare some change?" I managed to come up with some and as I handed to him I asked, "Hey, what's your name?" "Aaron," he replied. 

We talked and as we did, bits and pieces of Aaron's story came out. Talk of bad luck and loss. Downward slide into addiction and time in jail. Now here he was homeless. Suggestion on my part to offer a ride to Salvation Army was quickly shot down, as he didn't want to live under anyone else's rules. Talk turned to prayer as I asked, "How can I pray for you this week?" He let me know that he didn't believe in prayer, to which I replied, "Well I do, so if this prayer thing was real, how would you want me to pray?" His answer was very simple...."Pray that I can get back on my feet."

So here is the deal. I need you to join your prayers with mind. Pray that God would break the hardness away from Aaron's heart...remove the spiritual blindness from his eyes and deafness from his ears. Pray that someone, some where today would be placed in Aaron's path that God might use to open him up to the truth of who Jesus is. Also pray protection over Aaron that the enemy would be kept at bay and do no harm to him.

Thanks!

****************************************************************


This coming Saturday will be our breakfast give-away! If you are in need of a hot meal, or you know someone who is...then send them our way and we will fix them up. Times for the meal are 7:30 a.m. until we run out (which is usually between 9:00 and 9:30 a.m.) Hope to see you there...

Until tomorrow, thanks for stopping by the Greene Street Letters: Tell your friends (and even your enemies if you have any) about us.

God on you...

Michael b.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...