Sunday, July 10, 2022

RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME

 


Seems as though God continues to amaze me. Maybe I should not be amazed at His "workings". Maybe I should not be like a little kid on Christmas when He does something, or shows me something that totally catches me off guard. Then again, I think (my opinion) that He gets a kick out of us when we stand wide eyed and in one of those "Oh wow! I can't believe it" moments. Last night was such a time for me.

We have started something at ReCovery Church that refer to as OVB Study (One Verse Bible). We take one verse and take it apart to catch a glimpse of who God truly is...His nature...His character, and how He intervenes in our daily life to guide us.

Last night's verse was Ephesians 3:20]  "Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us."  

So our meetings are a time where we discuss what we have read. Some chime in with examples or situations that they have face, or are facing that ties into the verse. Last night was only the second one we've done but it has turned out to be something that I feel will help us all as we study scripture.

Before our meeting, a young lady came through the door and into the room. I met her and found out that she needed a court card stamped. This was her first time to be with us, and tried to fill her in on what we do, how we view recovery and our take on Jesus as our HIGHEST power. She took her place as the meeting began. As we worshiped and then during the message I tried to glance over her way to make sure that she was o.k. with what was going on. She seemed like she was enjoying herself.

After the meeting, I went to her to make sure she didn't have any questions that she wanted to ask me, and to invite her back. She was beaming and began to explain why she totally enjoyed the meeting. She told me that God has led her there, but she was sure why. As the we got into the teaching, she said that it all became clear to her.

Keep in mind that we taught Eph. 3:20. She rolled up her sleeve and showed me her tatto. There on her arm was inscribed "Immeasurably More" followed by the scripture reference......Eph. 3:20. She told me that When I referenced where I was teaching from, she knew that she had come to the right place.

For me, it was one of those "WOW" moments when God revealed Himself and let me know that He was in control, and would bring those to our meeting that He desired be there. Confirmation that this young girl was where she was suppose to be, and confirmation that I taught what God wanted taught.,

I asked if I could take a picture of her tatoo, so you'll see it in the photo below. Also, one last thing. She told me that she had gotten the tatoo before she was saved. Yes...He is an awesome God.




No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...