Tuesday, July 19, 2022

DOING AND SAYING ONLY WHAT HE GIVES US


 Jesus is talking to some people who are unbelievers, and He makes a statement that I need to take to heart in my own life.

John 8:26 - "I have much to say about you and much to condemn, but I won't. For I say only what I have heard from the one who sent me, and he is completely truthful."

Did I read that right? Jesus had a few more things to say to these people, but the Father did not give him permission to. Of course Jesus' operated by the idea that he only does what He sees the Father doing. If the Father isn't showing him, or telling Him certain things, Jesus is not going to act on them.

John 5:1-9 Jesus shows up at the pool of Bethesda. This was a place where cripple and lame people (as well as others with all manner of infirmities) came to be healed. So evidently there was a crowd there. If you read the events of John 5, you'll see that Jesus, in spite of the numbers, only healed one man. Why not all of those present? Because the Father did not give Jesus the go ahead to do so. Why? If I could answer that.....well, I can't. Such is way above my pay grade. The point that struck me is that anything we say, anything we do, any choice we make should only be done as the Father leads us. 

Some may say that this is way too much work and effort. Why not go ahead and do what we want and let God sort out the mess. I think we loose sight of the simple fact we have been called to "follow" not strike out on our own, making choices based on our own assumptions. To follow is not simply a direction or way, it is also following the presence, character and nature of Jesus in our daily life.It is the Holy Spirit living in us that guides us daily. It is the Holy Spirit living in us that should lead us in not only what we say, but how we say it. 

Chew on this and see what God would say to you....

God on you...

michael b

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...