Monday, July 18, 2022

WATCH --HOPE--BELIEVE

 


Micah 7:7 / But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord. I wait for God my Savior. My God will hear me.

I find that this verse resonates in me when I read it. When I say "resonates", I mean it stirs me and causes me to compare my own walk with Christ to the truth of what I am reading.

First part of the verse reads, "I watch in hope".  Implies a waiting....not acting hastily. The other word that caught my eye was the word "HOPE". To me hope and faith are first cousins. Hope without faith is useless. We are merely staking our claim to a nebulous thought that something is going to happen, and when it does we hope it benefits us. When I turn my attention to watching for God, I do so with the expectation that He is who He claims to be, and has the ability to do what He has promised in His word. As the old hymn tells us..."My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness. I dare not trust the sweetest 'frain but wholly lean on Jesus name. On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand."

Next comes the hardest part found in this verse. "I Wait For God."  Waiting is not something a lot of folks like to do. We have this inner desire to do something. To fill up our time with useless activity to give the appearance that we are accomplishing something. When in fact, the greatest effort we can expend ourselves on is to wait on God. As the verse tells us...."We are to watch in hope and wait upon God." Wait for His directions......wait for His instructions....wait till He tells us to act upon what He has said.

The last part of the verse from Micah is a declaration of a hear that is set on God. "My God will hear me." A declaration that prayer is not futile. That God is not silent or distant. Notice that this verse of waiting and of hope in God lays it all out to Him. There is no cry of "Do it my way! I'm going to pray, but you must do it the way I am telling you."  We don't find that in this verse. What we do find is a heart that is trusting God. That no matter what the outcome, God knows best. I will leave my life in His hands. What place is safer than that? I can't think of one.

God on you this Monday moring.

Michael b.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...