Sunday, December 4, 2022

TRUE CHRISTMAS


In these days of confused situations and events that leave us with out answers, it appears that sanity has become in short supply....
There is truth that I cannot escape nor would wish to.
That no matter how hard I try...No matter how bad I want to....
I stand before God helpless without him.
Our Society and culture seek to exalt the human will and effort...
To celebrate our ability to think and reason...
to build from our dreams, monuments to our humanness....
Polished pillars of glass, concrete and steel..
medals and trophies....
building's with our names and statues of our likeness....Thinking all the while it will last forever....not so.

Like I said, I know the frailty of life...
One moment you here...the next your gone..
I know that the eternal offer and gift of life and redemption is at the fingertips of everyone who draws breath...
It comes down to the surrender of heart and will...
The acknowledgment of a Savior and redeemer..

A confession of wrong to be made right...

During this most holiest of days...I am drawn to the song "Every Grain of Sand" By Bob Dylan... A reminder that God is larger and more infinite, not to mention real, than my mind can comprehend...
In fact the more I see and draw life from God, the greater my awareness is of my need for Him....

I find that I shed tears....Tears of joy. Tears of regret for all the wasted time I spent locked into the endless trial of serving self. Tears of gratitude that even in this life I have walked out, God saw fit to call me and offer to me His salvation. All of these are gifts, for every dark thing I did in my past has been erased by the blood of Christ. The man I see in the mirror these days lives under the incredible forgiveness of a God who gave Himself to save us all. Oh how it must break His heart for all of those who, with stubborn heart, reject and turn their back to Him.

I look at my family...my church family...others who I share this journey with and I truly have been blessed beyond anything I could ever think or imagine. Such things as these are "Christmas". A celebration to honor God who became flesh. May you find the true Christmas this year, and carry it with you into 2023.

Merry Christmas.....
God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...