Tuesday, January 9, 2018

God And "Nanner's"

Malachi 3:6
"For I am the LORD, I do not change....."

Found my self pondering the existence of God the other day....
Not that I doubt that HE IS....I don't.
But there was a program on TV and these two intellectual giants (at least in their minds) were going at it tooth and nail.
Conjuring up 10-cent words to call each other, the debate about God's existence was getting a bit heated.

It suddenly occurred to me that if you wanted to prove God's existence all you had to do was look around for evidence of a creator whose ability to bring out of nothing...something.
I found myself at a very strange place when I looked at one of God's simplest creations...
The banana.
Banana?
Yep! The lowly 'nanner..


No other food has the ability that this yellow delight carries.
No other food has the corner on ways to be used....
But it is the make up of this mushy delicacy that separates it from all other fruits and  vegetables, 

I give you the following as evidence.

#1- This yellow delight can be eaten by all ages.
                 A.) Toddlers can digest them easily, even with no teeth....
                 B.) Senior citizens (my people ) can do like wise.....
                 C.) Everyone in between these two age groups can also partake of the 'nanner.

#2- The seeds of the 'nanner are of such size that they won't get caught in your teeth (real or false) yet they can be planted to produce more of this mushy delight.

#3- What other food come with its own holder? Yep, God even thought about creating a food that had a holder so as not to mess up your hands when you eat one. That God, He's something else ain't He?

#4- You can eat them raw.....you can slice them up and lay them gently on a bed of peanut butter between two slices of bread. You can make a pudding that will cause your tongue to come out and slap your brain....You can even get fancy and serve "Banana's Foster". You can even dip them in chocolate and, as everyone knows.....everything goes better with chocolate.

#5- And last, but certainly not least.......when you finish with the banana, you can take the holder (peel) and entertain yourself with it by placing it on the floor in the path of some unsuspecting individual. Contact with said peel will create moments of great hilarity as the law of gravity takes over and brings that person down Disclaimer- always ask (after said person has fallen)"Are you o.k.?" If person replies "Yep, I'm o.k.", then laughter is appropriate.

So then next time you hear someone contemplating the existence of God......
Hand them a banana.

God on you...

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...