Monday, January 29, 2018

Six Years Sober...Six Years Following Jesus



Jeremiah 6:16
Thus says the Lord,"Stop at the crossroads and look around. Ask for the old, godly way (paths), and walk in it. Travel its path and you will find rest for your souls." But you reply, "Not that's not the road you want!"

Big Book Of A.A.
Rarely have we seen anyone fail who does not thoroughly follow our path.

He is there every Saturday night....
Never misses.
The funny part is no matter which recovery meeting I go to, he is always there also.
This has been his lifeline to a path that he has followed.
This has been the instrument and way God has used to him finding peace, and a relationship with God.

Saturday night, he came up to me after the meeting wanting me to see something. It was his 6 year chip. Six years! May not sound like a lot some folk's, but this was huge to him...and may I add, to me!
We celebrated there in that room....

His story isn't much different than anyone else.
A life of loss...
A life of darkness....
A life sliding down the slippery slope that ends in death, jail, or institutionalized. But somewhere along this downward slide, something clicked. God became more than a concept. God became more than words on a page. God became real. And this touch of God to the heart of this walking-dead man brought him back to life. It was a hard path at first. This new life did not seem normal. It was a struggle, but he kept on. Each day took him a little farther away from the darkness of his old life.


So this morning, I give all my kudo's to Mr. Mark Branch.
Well, done my friend, well done.

Father God...
May we all learn from Mark's journey.
May we all become a bit wiser in our approach to life by the way Mark has lived his life.
This day, I pray that you would grant Mark blessings and peace as he faces every challenge that comes his way.
Thank you for sustaining Mark over these past 6 years.

In Jesus name
Amen.

And might I add one more hearty AMEN!!
God on you...
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...