Tuesday, May 22, 2018

A Day Of Possibilities



Good morning.....
Another day....
Another opportunity to "get" life right.

Yesterday is behind us, and a new day stretches out before us.
A day of possibilities, both good and bad.

I wanted to post a picture this morning of a sunrise to go along with this post.
Looking up images, they were all very sunny....very happy, happy looking if you know what I mean.

But I wanted a picture that conveyed the idea of a new day, but one that was kind of misty, overcast...not real sure. Why? Because no matter what the day may look like to us, the sun IS shining. It is there. We may not be able to see it. We may not be able to feel the warmth of its rays, but it is there none the less. Just like Jesus. We may not always be aware of Him. We may think He has hidden himself from us. We may feel as though we have been abandoned by Him, but HE is always there. More than simply being there, He is always interceding (communicating by prayer) to God the Father on our behalf (Hebrews 7:25).


This whole thing about our "Higher Power" is real.
Our Higher Power, Jesus, doesn't take days off.

He doesn't break for lunch.
He isn't influenced by the weather (both good and bad).
He is the one true constant in a life, and world, that has gone off the deep end.

His reach is sufficient to rescue any and all who cry out to Him for help.
So, today....
He is there for you.
So today.....
He will hear your prayers, and act on them.


I guess I will close by saying lift your vision a bit higher.
Don't allow the clouds of life this new day to keep you from seeing the answer to every problem and question you may have.
Don't allow this day to drive you to the decision to return to that old life of pain and misery,defined by those brief moments when you medicate yourself into numbness.
Stand firm and say, "Today....just today....I will move forward with the help and direction of Jesus. I will not turn and go back. I may not move forward in leaps and bounds, but I will make spiritual progress today."

I will leave you with one of my most favorite passages in the Bible.

Lamentations 3:19-24
The thought of my suffering and homelessness is bitter beyond words. I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this:
The unfailing love of the Lord never ends! By His mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each day. I say to myself, "The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in Him.

God on you...
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...