Thursday, May 10, 2018

Gentle Power


I guess the word you hear the most, when it come to recovery, is POWER.
"A Power Greater Than Ourselves Could Restore Us To Sanity!"
"Our Higher Power"....
Such a word conjures up all manner of images in our mind.
The world sees power as being the means to an end.
Power fuels greed to have more and more.

Power drives people to get to the top....
Power is that strong man who can lift, run, and exert himself beyond the limits of any other human.

I find it interesting that in Scripture, the greatest power of all is identified with a bird. Not an Eagle....or a Raven.....Not a hawk....or a falcon...
But a dove...
Matthew 3:16
After His baptism, as Jesus came up out of the water, the heaven's were opened and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and settling on Him.
The Holy Spirit in us becomes a quiet force that does not need to be flashy or boastful, but rather consistent and ever present to aid us at ever turn of our daily walk. All part of the process of God doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.

The power that is needed to turn a person away from the trap of addiction is described as being a gentle bird. 
So what about this "SPIRIT" bird? How does such help me make it through this dark world and evil time?

We read in Acts 1:8 where Jesus tells His disciples...But you will receive POWER when the Holy Spirit comes upon you....and you will be My witnesses...
We carry around the ultimate "12th Step" message...taking it to others in order that they may find the freedom that has come to us.

John 14:16
He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into ALL truth. The world cannot receive Him, because it isn't look for Him and doesn't recognize Him.....

Did you catch that?
The Holy Spirit will guide us into ALL truth!
He will reveal my heart to me so that I can repent of all the crud that I've stored in there.
He will show me traps and snares that are laid out to catch me as I move through my day.

He will show me everything that isn't truth and is meant to harm me.

John 16:13-15
When the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all truth. He will not speak of His own but will tell you what He has heard. He will tell you about the future. He will bring Me (Jesus) by telling you whatever He receives from Me. ALL that belongs to the Father is mine; this is why I said, "The Spirit will tell you whatever He receives from Me."
Now imagine the Power that takes place within each person who is a believer and follower of Christ. This ongoing communication that takes place between God the Father...Jesus the Son....and the Holy Spirit who is relayer of these communications and truth that I need to stay on the path of recovery.

You want to talk Power?
Then think on the Holy Spirit...

He truly is a gift given to each who believes...

God on you...

mbb



No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...