Friday, May 4, 2018

The "Nothing" Post


It's just like the picture says....
"I've got nothing!"
Some days are like that. I get up, I fix the coffee...I move to my computer....and I simply sit and stare at the monitor. Nothing.
(cue sound of crickets chirping).
Oh, there are a lot of things I know, and I probably could scrub off a posting that sounded somewhat rational.
But that's not what I want to do.


Each day, I simply want to lay out some simple truth that God has given to me. Not truth that ol' Mike has dug up from a deep, deep wrinkle in his brain. As I sit here, typing out these words, a verse pops into my mind.....John 3:16. Maybe I need to see this verse again.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Man, how many times have I read this? A Bazillion at least. So what do I see in this verse? That God had purpose and a plan to restore communion between Himself and humanity that rejects Him at every turn. 

I see a God who doesn't just talk a good game....or make promises He has no intention of keeping, but One who is true to His word. One that doesn't simply "Love" but backs up that love with a demonstration or action that He is serious about it. God sent His best to redeem our worst. The ultimate action to back up a statement from the Big Book of A.A.--- "God did for me what I could not do for myself". He saved me when no one else could. He saved me because I could not save myself. God saved me from "self-will run riot" in my life.

He saved me from the penalty of sin....
He saved me from the power of sin....
And He saved me from the presence of sin...

Now that is some kind of Love this God has for us knuckle heads.
Seeing and understanding this love that has been poured out on me, gives me pause to think. "What can I do to show my appreciation and love for God?" How about cooperating with God at every turn. Giving Him my will (which sometimes leads me into the ditch life) and taking His will (which will keep me on the road) daily as I move through the day.

I think I'll have a second cup of coffee and ponder this a little longer....
Have a great weekend.


God on you....
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...