Saturday, October 6, 2018

Sad-dee Thoughts

Acts 1:4
"Do not leave Jerusalem......but wait......

Seems to me that in an age of movers and shakers, the art of waiting has not only been lost.....it's been thrown to the wind.
Waiting is old fashion.
"He who hesitates is lost"....well, I will agree with that.
But when it comes to God, waiting is actually a positive action that we can take. We may not physically be moving, but we are not sitting idle either.

Our heart....is to be turned to God, listening for Him to instruct us in what to do next.

In the passage from Acts, Jesus has told His disciples to not leave Jerusalem, but wait for "THE" gift Father God has promised. That would be the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Ten days later, if you jump to Acts 2:1, you'll find the group "Together" in one place. I think maybe this might be more than they were all in the same location. They were of the same mind and heart..."Jesus has told us to wait. We don't know what is going to happen,other than a gift is coming. We only need to obey and keep our attention on What is happening around us."

Seems to me that I need to learn the art of discipline. The art of learning to hear God when He speaks, and then simply obey. If He says to "wait"....I will wait. If He says to "Go"...I will go. Nothing more.........and nothing less.
How much trouble do I get into because I don't wait? Because I have a tendency to run ahead and see what's next, when, by doing so, I take myself out from under the grace of God, and run the risk of creating more destruction.

Help me this day Lord, to wait.
Nothing more...
Nothing less..


God on you..
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...