Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Truth From Glen Kaiser




Darkness.....
Darkness so thick you could slice it with a dull knife.
Not the kind of darkness that envelops you when you walk out into the night, but the kind that you can never escape from.

The kind that is there on a bright sunny day...
The darkness that weighs down on you like a ton of misery deep in your soul.


You can't think straight because you've managed to build a kingdom around you of self-destruction. A kingdom that you believe you can rule and run with great ability.
But the darkness I speak of only hides the truth from your muddled brain.

Darkness of the heart ....
Darkness of the soul...

It only demands more of you.
You'll try anything, because the darkness tells you that you're smarter than the others.
You WILL find that easier softer way in which you can escape the pain of this world.
Trouble is with every hit....
Every drink....
Every pill....

Every line...
Every needle does not hold the answer.......only death.


But there is a light that breaks all darkness of soul and heart.

A light called truth.
Oh, not the truth we run around screaming about in our society, but the truth that is the standard and measure for all truth.

The truth of God.
God doesn't flinch when He sees your addiction.
He brings truth to you...
What you do with it........

well, that's on you.
Kind of like being in a burning building and there is only one door.
People are screaming at you to come out through the door, but you keep looking for another way out.
Whose fault is it if you die in that scenario? 


Here's the kicker to the truth God wants to bring to you.
You get to lay down that ton of misery and be free from the darkness.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Good words there from Jesus.

So what does our addiction promise us?
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will lay more on your shoulders. I will keep you emotionally in a whirlwind of depression and hopelessness. Take my yoke upon yourself and I will plow you straight into the ground, using you up till there is nothing left."

To me it doesn't make much sense to chase the high, when all it is only an empty promise.
A pro-longed suicide if you will.
Why not turn to my Jesus?


God on you...
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...