Friday, October 19, 2018

WHY?

Did you ever find yourself in a position or situation where you asked yourself, "Why did I do that?"
"WHY?" seems to be a question that we ask a lot during our lifetime.
But really one thing we need to take a look at is "Why do we believe?"
Why do we believe in God?
Why do we need to go to church?
Why do we need to read and study our Bible?
I guess one could build a "WHY" list that would reach from here to Piedmont

This Saturday night @ Vineyard ReCovery Church we are going to be taking a look at "WHY?"
Debbie Handy will start off these messages giving us some insight as to the benefit and growth that comes from knowing and understanding why we are called to certain behaviors.
Todd Bagley will continue these "WHY?" teachings next Saturday (Oct. 27), and I will take it up and continue  the first Saturday of November.

I guess one of the reasons I felt the need to go down this rabbit trail is because I hear different people make statements about what they believe, but when pressed about why they believe, they are unable to give a response. "Well, I just believe!" or "That's what everyone believes!" I have a need to know the "Why" behind my own beliefs. Such is why I try to spend time in Scripture making sure that what I claim to believe is grounded in the truth of God.

So join us this Saturday night / 7 p.m. @ Vineyard ReCovery Chruch

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...