Monday, November 12, 2018

LOSER


Matthew 10:39
"He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it."

Got to speak at Catalyst Recovery last night (one of my favorite places to go, and the focus for the month of November is on the word "LOSER".

There are actually two ways, according to Jesus, of looking at this label of "loser". The world uses the word to describe someone who will not, or cannot succeed. People in addiction are labeled as losers by family and friends. While others may not call a person this to their face....the label is real. When that label sticks to an individual hard and fast, that person will typically give up. "What's the use in trying? I've failed at everything, any attempt at recovery will only end in the same way." I would refer to such belief as a "false belief". The idea behind these thoughts goes something like this...."I am what I am...I cannot change...I am hopeless."


But what does Jesus says?
quiet the opposite.
He tells us that if we turn loose of our old life....
If we "lose" it and turn to Him, then we will find new life.
We are shedding ourselves of this old mentality of being hopeless...
In order to embrace a new way of looking at, and facing every day life.
So as a "LOSER" for Christ, what do we loose?
Well, for one thing, the police won't have anything to do with you anymore.
Judges will not want to see you in their courtroom.

CRO and Community corrections will take your file and store it away, not expecting you in their office.
Old so called "friends" will not be a part of your life.
There will be old places you won't want to go to.
In other words, you lose a lot of spiritual darkness that only added to, and fueled your desire to chase the high.


I'm may not be the brightest crayon in the box, but that sounds like a good deal to me. So why not proclaim at the top of your lungs...
"Hey world! I'm a loser for Jesus!"


Make it a good Monday.
God on you...
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...