Thursday, November 22, 2018

Danny



Got the news yesterday morning.....
Danny Moon had shed the confines of this world, and had gone home.

No more pain....
No more doctors....
No more hospitals...
He was free...

I wanted to be sad....
I did cry...

But that was the selfish part of me that doesn't want to let go of friends and loved ones as we've all grown older. Seems to happen with alarming frequency these days.
But in my heart, I could never move beyond...."Danny is free!!!"

Images and memories of Danny flooded my mind, and to be truthful, I don't think there was a bad one in the whole bunch.
Going through the door at Gadsden Music, Danny would be helping someone, or he'd be behind the counter working on somebody's guitar. He'd be standing there with that big ol' goofy grin on his face, cutting lose with a big, "Hey man! How are you? What can I do for you?" Like most every other musician in this county, I probably bought more than my fair share from Danny.

Danny bailed me out more than once when I was doing our Saturday service "THE HOUSE OF BLUE" back in the days of recovery. Someone would not be able  play on our worship team...I would call Danny up asking if he could fill in...
"Sure. What time do I need to be there." There is something about musicians that brings up their ego (especially if they are talented), but I never heard or saw Danny play that ego card. He was incredibly humble. Danny just loved to play. Danny loved to surround himself with other musicians, and seem to feed off of what they brought to a song.

I went into my office and sat down at my computer.
Words seem to float into my mind, so I wrote them down.

I grabbed my guitar and begin to put some chords down.
Thank you Lord for letting me know Danny.
I know I'll see him again some day when it's my turn to leave this ol' world.
Isn't that what real life is all about....
The Hope that God plants in us that no matter how much sadness this world tries to drown us in, God is bigger.

Until we meet again Danny...thank you for being a friend.

DANNY
One by one I've seen them fall
In this journey we call life
Pushing ahead, they never gave up
Dealing pain, the grief and the strife

The world was richer and I was a
better man
to be surrounded by all of these friends.

We made some music
Sang a song or two
Now the songs seem empty 
because we are few

One more soul has gone home...
One more soul has gone home.

Psalm 116:15
Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints.

God on you...
mbb

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful. He was a jem. Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

very well said.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...