Friday, November 9, 2018

Wimber @ Work




Jesus told the disciples to "Go ye therefore into all the world".....
But He gave them instructions to carry out what they had learned from Him.

This involved letting the Holy Spirit demonstrate power among those the disciples came in contact with.

Somehow we have the idea that if we can just teach the right words then we can convince people to come to Jesus. If I can just masterfully put together the right message with the right verses someone will get saved.


What I have seen over the years I've been in ministry is that you have a balance between the Word and the Spirit. You teach the word, but you leave room and an opportunity for the Spirit to operate. You "listen" and ask the question..."What do you want to do Lord?" It might be healing someone. It may be a word of knowledge for someone that opens the door to them believing. It may be conviction of sin that draws them to Jesus. But we have to shed ourselves of this notion that words and a method are all we need. 

In recovery, we talk about a "Higher Power". Well, that Power is found in a person, and that person is Jesus. It's not enough to simply talk about the steps. Unless one has an encounter with Christ, then the steps simply become another set of rules that I can't carry out. I feel that it is  high time we invite the Holy Spirit to come and disrupt our meeting with His presence. To come and undo us all, reset our thinking and reveal His truth to us. Truth about ourselves in the light of truth about who this Jesus really is.

We've got to quit cowering in the corner afraid of our addition. If indeed there is a Higher Power, and if indeed this Higher Power wants to receive our will and life so He can live through our, then we should stand up and scream at the top of lungs...."Here I am Lord...Take me....Take all of me".

My time is short and I wish not to play some sort of religious game that makes us all feel good about ourselves. I desire "truth in the inner parts"....a truth that changes me. I care not what the world thinks of me, but of what my Lord thinks of me. I want to expend myself for Him. Simple as that. Why? Because He is the only thing worth living and dying for.

God on you...

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...