Monday, November 26, 2018

What A Beautiful Name




Revelation 2:13
"I know your works, and where you dwell, where Satan's throne is. And you hold fast to My name, and did not deny My faith......"

Yesterday I found myself @ Eastaboga Baptist church with my son and his family. The church family was having a special service in their newly built family center. The guest artist were the Kempter Family.
As you can tell from the video I posted, they are extremely talented.

As sat there, listening, taking it all in, I was taken by the song "What A Beautiful Name". You could just sense the presence of God as the voices filled that room, which caused me to consider the name of Jesus.

We know through scripture that His is the name by which we are saved. There is no other way. His is the name that, when sounded at the end, will cause every knee to bow and every tongue confess that He is Lord. I want to be in the group that falls to their knees our of love and reverence for that name, not the other one who is driven to their knees because of the Power of that name.


All this thinking about the name of Christ caused me to see that if you don't have a relationship with Jesus...If you've never been saved, then His name means nothing to you. It carries no weight against the darkness that has enveloped your mind. A darkness so thick and powerful that you can't see truth...you can't understand the spiritual state you are living in. Kind of like when you live in active addiction where your entire existence does not make sense. When life doesn't make sense, we rationalize that others are wrong, not us. We live a lie and what's worse, we live in a lie. 

But that name....
That beautiful name...
That wonderful name....
The name of Jesus has the power to liberate, heal, and restore.

Jesus claimed that He had come to "SAVE THAT WHICH WAS LOST!"
When He says "Lost" he is laying claim to everyone and everything that has been taken by the devil and his lying minions to be held captive under the sway and power of sin.

Think on the name of Christ today...
Let it take root deep in your heart...
Say it out loud so you can hear it with your own ears.

He is there with you.
What a beautiful name!!

God on you...

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...