Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Faith

 


In these dark times we all find ourselves in, how do you survive without it? How can you get up every day and not fall upon it to see you through the day. Now don't be misled by what I've written. Faith is a compass that points to someone greater than ourselves. Someone who brings stability to our emotions and thoughts. Someone who speaks to our hearts and spirits to let us know that we are  not alone in this dark time. That someone has a name......and that name would be Jesus.

Interesting verse in Hebrews chapter 11....but before I get to that verse, we have to back up and read the last verse of Chapter 10. "But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul."

We don't shrink back to old thoughts, old ways, old habit. We don't draw back away from life (good and bad) thinking that somehow we will preserve our very lives. So what do we do? We live.....we go about our daily lives.....we interact with others, by faith. In other words, we are called by God to rise above the din and noise of this world and listen for His voice. Faith doesn't tell me that everything is going to be hunky-dory. Faith doesn't paint pictures of puppy dogs, rainbows and unicorns. Faith tells me that whatever I face, God will see me through. Faith tells me that He is greater than anything or anyone.

Then we get to the opening verse of chapter 11: "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen."Let's look at this verse. What is the first word of the verse? NOW! Now faith, today faith, right here at this moment faith. Notice that faith is not directed into your past, or projected into your future. It is right here and right now. 
What is the third word of the verse? IS.  Not faith "Was" ....or faith "Will be"...but here again......Now Faith is.

So what about faith for something that we know is headed our way...a situation or a circumstance that we know we are going to have to face? I don't wait for it to get here...I exercise my NOW faith as I approach this future event. The bottom line is all this is that I have come to a place where I have faith that Jesus is who He claimed to be, and that He will do what He promised He would do.

My belief in Him, my hope, my faith is all directed to Jesus. Not to anyone else, or any other organization that I believe can save me. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. In fact, with all the years I've piled up, I think I've been worn down to the dullest blade possible. But there is one thing I know.

"My hope (Faith) is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness. I dare not trust the sweetest 'frain, but wholly lean on Jesus name. On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand. All other ground is sinking sand."

God on you..

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...