Saturday, February 13, 2021

SATURDAY MUSING


 I try real hard not to feast or feed on the stream of news and opinions that seem to come like an endless flood, seeking to shape and change what I believe and the way I view the events of our time.

You see, I don't really get to have an opinion, and the funny part is that God doesn't even have an opinion either. God has truth. God is truth. You can take whatever color "spiritual" crayon you want to color it, but underneath your attempts, there is still a God who is truth. Being that is his very nature and character, then what comes from Him is also truth. Truth is greater than opinion. Truth is not open to compromise. Truth is concerned with whether you think it is fair or not.

What has amazed me (and really I shouldn't be amazed) is how bold and quick people are to stand up and talk of unity, coming together as a nation, and seeking the betterment of this time and age. But why would i trust such, when it is very obvious they have cast aside the truth of God to embrace their own version of it.

To stand and speak God's truth and God's word is now looked upon as being an extremist.......a radical......someone who stirs up everyone and everything around them. Well, truth be known, I have no power to stir anyone or anything. That would fall upon the Holy Spirit. Funny how the Spirit can move on people and some are drawn to Him in repentance and confession, while others are stirred to anger and hatred. Why this should surprise us at all I do not know.

Couple of verses have kind of planted themselves down deep in me. Can't explain it, but it is more than a thought or idea.....it is all down in my heart and doesn't seek to be going away any time soon.

II Timothy 3:5 / Having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people TURN AWAY.

Now this verse actually follows a list of character traits that we are told will be evident in the last days. Are we in a time and period as the last days? John Wimber would say..."I don't  know, but I do know we are last-er than we've ever been."  Those character traits include Lovers of self, lovers of money, blasphemers, unholy, despisers of good. 
This is what happens when a people turn from God by rejecting Him and His will, looking to themselves to navigate life. But by rejecting God, whatever truth they have latched on to, becomes law to them. This is a dangerous precedent for any society that rules by this manner. The rule of self...

Oh yeah, by the way, having a form of godliness means that such people may appear to be upright and moral, but their morality is probably ankle deep at best.  To me, such people have 2 belief systems (or view of how to live life). They have one that is public...it looks good, and places them as being of high moral character. The other belief system is the one they live when they are out of the public view. The one that stands totally against God and races to embrace the dark desires of their flesh. So you have one belief system that they talk and one that they walk...and the two never meet. To me, if you claim to be a true believer and follower of Jesus......you have only one belief system...and God is at the center of all your decisions on how to face life daily.

In Philippians 3:18 we read, "For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are ENEMIES OF THE CROSS of Christ." Did you notice something in that verse? It didn't say they were enemies of Jesus....just His cross. In other words, they don't really mind a powerless Jesus, one that they can create in their image. Just don't let the REAL-DEAL Jesus get loose.

So why write this post?

Not real sure except to declare my allegiance to God and His kingdom. Realizing that I sure do need Him a lot more than He needs me. Without Him...Without the salvation Christ has drawn me...Without the influence and leading of the Holy Spirit, I would be defined by these two verses I shared in this post. God forbid I should ever turn away from Him. Let me leave you with one last verse that pretty much sums up what we see in our country.

"Because, although they "knew" God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.....Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools".

Thanks for letting me share....

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...