Monday, November 15, 2021

WORLD GONE MAD

 


Let me start by saying that I am not trying to create a theology based on a few scriptures. Taking a few verses and try to make them fit into this time and space. But when I look around and see things that do not make any sense (at least to me), I have ask, "What is going on?"

I'm fully aware that each generation has a unique view and voice that is shaped by their beliefs and what they perceive to be "right" and "proper". Being a child of the 50's and 60's, I watched as our message was "Tear down the establishment!" With it's outdated morals and restrictive sexual repression. The 60's were all about "Free love" which eventually was discovered to not be so free. It eroded and brought down family after family, as divorce became a quick way out of relationships that didn't "gee" or "haw". I do not want to paint a broad stroke over those who have divorced, as there may have been extenuating circumstances that called for such a measure.

The one thing I have kept my eye on over the years, is that this steady push by society to remove any and all references to God has slowly pushed forward with this agenda. Today we are seeing a new level of rejection and spiritual darkness that is covering our land. As radio personalities, Rick and Bubba, repeat on a constant basis...."Common sense has become a super power." 

I am seeing attitudes and beliefs in this day and time, that I never thought would be a part of the American fabric. That is why I think maybe scripture has some answers for us. First off, the question is asked over and over...."Are we living in the last days before Jesus' return?" Taking a page from John Wimber, I like how he answered such a question. "I don't know. I just know that we are last-er than we've ever been." Such is what I believe. Now, on to the verses I've been wanting to share.

II Thessalonians 2:9-12 - The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders.

And among all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie.

That all my be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Could it be that we have reached a tipping point in our country that God has sent a strong delusion over those who have rejected Him and His salvation? To me, it sure looks like it. But then again, what do I know. I'm just an old guy who wholly believes God's word. I believe that we must continue to share the gospel message to those around us. I believe that God's ability to keep me is greater than the devil's attempts to destroy me. 

II Thessalonians 3:3 - But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one.

Thanks for letting me ramble this morning....

God on you as you move through you day today!

Michael b

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...