Tuesday, November 30, 2021

STAYING IN THE PATH AND LIVING LIKE LIGHT

 


It is so easy to be taken in by watching the events that are taking place around us everyday. To be influenced by half-truth's and sweet sounding words, strung together to entice us to listen even more closely.

The world continually spews out streams of darkness that we willingly take into our heart, our mind, and allow it to affect our thinking. We become like baby birds waiting for mother to come and bring us a worm. We huddle together with our spiritual mouths open to receive, never once questioning whether we should eat of this meal or not.
The picture I chose for this posting reminds me of the journey we have been called to follow.
As a believer, I have a path to follow that is lit by the word of God, and shown to me through the ongoing work of the Holy Spirit.
I don't pay attention or focus on the darkness that lies to either side of this path, but choose to keep my focus on the direction my God has shown to me.

It doesn't seem to be in vogue to listen (which requires learning how) to God for direction these days. Seems as though we may have created a God that only speaks from 11 a.m. till noon on Sunday's. Of course the time varies if you go to an early service. It is almost as if we believe that we get all we need during this short period of time. For me, I have to spend time each day in reading my Bible. Asking God to reveal what I need to know for the coming day. I go through my day praying what I refer to as "Sentence" prayers. Short sentences that come to me when I see someone..or hear something that catches my attention. It comes through interaction with others, when they begin to tell me of their troubles and the things that seem to be weighing on them. I pray. Sometimes I ask if I could pray for them right where they are. Sometimes I can, sometimes their job or their schedule won't allow it. Which ever, I pray.

I love what Paul wrote to the church @ #Ephesus in Chapter 5 of Ephesians.
"For you were once darkness"
Always remember where God has brought you from, along with the realization that He isn't finished with you.
"But now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light"
In other words, we have been called to live our lives on the economy of heaven, and not to lean upon the ways of this world.....
This culture....
This society...
In the way we deal with what life throws at us.

Paul goes on to write:
"Be careful, then how you live-----not as unwise but as wise,
making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.
Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is."

How can I know what the Lord's will is for me if I do not spend time with Him.
Reading, praying, worshiping, reaching out to others. A heart motivated by the Holy Spirit is a heart that is primed and ready to receive from God.

Know that you are not alone...
God walks with you...
As well as brothers and sisters that you haven't even met yet.
We are on this journey together.

God on you...
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...