Monday, November 8, 2021

WIND CAME TO TOWN

 


Psalm 150:6 - Let Everything that breathes sing praise to the LORD! Praise the LORD!

Nori and Barbie Kelley were in town this past weekend. Bringing praise and the Word, these two go by the name WIND. Funny how you can know something with your head, but forget it with your heart. Somewhere along the way it gets shuffled to a mental junk drawer along with your to-do list, and that book you've been meaning to read. Left there long enough, these things you once thought were important now gather dust and become no use to you. As time passes, they become covered with the dust of forgetfulness and you loose sight of them.

So along comes WIND that blows over these forgotten truths, and suddenly your heart is stirred to remember. The Holy Spirit brings them to the forefront where you suddenly are aware of what has happened to you as time has slipped by. You remember why you believed the way you do. You also see how the years have changed you so that what was once important seemed to have gotten lost in the shuffle.

That is what happened to me last Friday night as I was at the church, along with a group of other folk, to worship with WIND. They played, they sang, they spoke, and as they did, God's wind blew into my heart and uncovered those hidden things I had allowed to slip away. 

#1 - My highest calling and purpose as a creation of God is to worship Him. Why? Because He has an ego? No, God has no ego. I worship because He is worthy to receive my praise and worship of Him and to Him. 

          A.) Don't confuse worship as just being music. Music is a vehicle in which we can offer our love and attitude of gratitude to a God who has saved us. Worship is a 24/ 7 / 365 lifestyle! Everything I do should be worship unto God.

         B.) Somewhere along the way, I forgot this. I had replaced it with "busyness"...what's worse is that it was religious busyness. But in the room last Friday night, I remembered. I told God how sorry I was that I had allowed His truth's to get buried under my own efforts and will. How sick am I? Just very grateful this morning that God sent His WIND to Gadsden to blow away the dust of religion so I could remember His truth.

It has been a really good weekend. Breakfast giveaway on Saturday (which WIND played at). We fed some folks. Got to pray for a lady who had the flu. He husband came with her to get some breakfast, she remained outside because she didn't want to anyone to catch it. Some of the women who are a part of the Core leadership group went out to pray healing upon her, to break this flu off so she could breathe.

Went to the 4 o'clock service at Gadsden Vineyard yesterday and led worship. God was gracious to manifest Himself in our presence as we sang praise and worship to Him. Todd Bagley brought the teaching. Just what I needed to hear. This morning I see myself as having been put back together by God. I do not know what this day may hold...what situations I may face, but I do know that as I follow Jesus into it, I will weather whatever comes my way.

I've rambled enough. Thanks for letting me share.

Michael b

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...