Sunday, November 7, 2021

STABILITY IN THE MIDST OF THE STORM

 


Got up this morning, but things didn't feel any different. Still had some stiffness and "crinkle-cracks" that come with age. Despite my feelings change had taken place.

Time had changed (at least the way we measure it). The world had changed because of events that took place while I slept. Weather had changed as the temperature dropped during the night. Change was all around me. We all changed by the fact that we were another day older. life is about change, and nothing we say or do can stop it from dragging us forward.

No amount of anti-aging cream will keep you younger looking. That is just a fact of life. So as our planet whirls in its path around our sun, spinning from night to day, how is it possible to navigate this tsunami of change that seeks to drown us all? Well, I thought you'd never ask. We find a monumental statement in the book of Malachi. A bedrock statement that even time or change can chisel away on. A truth that has stood the test of time (and will continue to do so)

Malachi 3:6 - "I am the Lord, and I do not change."

Hebrews 13:8- "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever."

So what is it I'm trying to say? When life gets you by the throat and you feel like everything is coming apart...turn to Jesus. He is (as Scripture tells us) a rock...a solid place on which to stand and not be swept away. Change is a part of life, but the real test is how do we handle all this change. Who are we going to lean into when life-winds blow hard?

Seek Him today, while He may be found. As Step # 3 tells us...."Turn will and life over to His care (Because He cares for you).

God on you this Sunday morning!

Michael b.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...