Wednesday, August 3, 2022

EARLY MORNING RAMBLINGS

 

Early morning and the coffee maker is huffing and puffing to deliver its nectar for consumption. Seems to be a lot of hopelessness out there in this old world. Too many listening to the wrong voice that bombards a message of despair and gloom 24 / 7. Such a voice takes my eyes off of Christ and puts them squarely on my own situations and circumstances. Nothing really wrong with this except that I am left trying to address all the darkness in my own strength, ability, and what's even worse, my own will.

Rather than lean into Jesus, I lean into self thinking that I can accomplish whatever needs being done. Such efforts only leave me drained and empty inside. Now I'm not saying that we should all just sit on the couch and drink coffee, oblivious to the spiritual darkness that seeks to overtake us. What I am saying is that we need to be "renewed" in our minds and hearts. Instead of sitting there wringing our hands crying out "Woe is me. What shall I do?" We should connect our thoughts and prayers via God's Holy Spirit to our Creator Father.

Strange thought this morning. He didn't have to give me another day of life, but He did. He didn't have to let me rise up and open my Bible this morning to study and take in His message, but He did. He knows all too well that this day has troubles of its own, and that I need to be prepared to face, with His help, what ever comes my way. Today........this morning........right now, I am grateful. I give Him thanks for who He is. I celebrate the simple fact that if He had not saved me I would be destined to an eternity of separation from Him. You may be thinking, "What's the big deal with being separated?" Well, it is a bigger deal than you could imagine. 

God has provided the way to eternal life with Him. He has drawn me into His salvation through the Holy Spirit convicting me of my sin. He took me in just like I was.....a sinner in need of a great Savior. And He has called me to have relationship with Him on a daily basis. That is why I rejoice this morning, because its all about Him and not really about me. If you don't know this God I write of, I pray that you call out to Him today, that you also may experience the wonder and mystery of entering into a relationship with the One who created everything.

Colossians 3:17 /  And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

God on you....

michael b

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...