Wednesday, August 10, 2022

PRAYERS NEEDED


 Philippians 4:6 - Be anxious for nothing, but in every thing by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.

A friend called me yesterday to let me know about a check up they had with their doctor. Seems as though this friend has diabetic neuropathy, which leads to blindness. The doctor told them that it had reached a stage where there was nothing that could be done for this condition. It may be slowed some with the proper medication, but it would eventually take their sight.

I met this friend a little over 6 years ago when they started coming to our Saturday night meeting. This individual had the sweetest, most up lifting spirit I think I ever encountered. They have multiple health problems, and I never heard this person complain about their lot in life, or blame God for what had happened to them. Even with this diagnosis of a condition that leads to blindness, there was no bitterness in them. The comment was made, "I don't think I can go on if I loose my sight." but as quick as that comment left their lips, they said, "But my God has this, so I am going to trust Him to bring healing to me."

That is what this posting is about this morning. Please join me in prayer for this person that God would touch them with healing for their eyes. Also pray that God would keep them from depression and those dark thoughts that usually follow. Pray that my friend would "fix his eyes on Jesus" and continue to live daily for Him.

Thank you for joining me in prayer for this friend.

God on you this morning..........and God on my friend.

Michael b.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...