Saturday, August 27, 2022

Audrey


 Funny how as I've gotten older what I once thought was "old" doesn't seem that way any more. What's more is how images are forever etched in mind of people and places from my past. Audrey Brooks shook off this mortal coil we call a body and crossed over into the presence of the one who created her.

You see, no matter how many reunions I went to....no matter how many pictures I saw of Audrey on Facebook......this is how I will always remember her. She was a combination of Pollyanna and Nancy Drew. Always moving, always thinking, but never too busy to share a smile, a joke, or an encouraging word. 

I know that when we left Etowah High a few years back, we all had hopes and dreams of what our future held. What we found out as the years rolled on was that family and friends were all truly mattered. I was fortunate to have been a part of the class of 1969. As the list of those from our class, who are no longer with us, grows, so does my fondness for the memories that are like presents I get to unwrap and enjoy one more time.

I got out my annual from '69. Audrey was editor-in-chief of the annual that year. She put her own personal touch to it that seemed to say, "Yes! We were different. We were the last graduating class of the decade, and the future is ours."

Over the past few months I have enjoyed reconnecting with classmates, seeing photo's of their family, and sending messages to each other. I particularly loved seeing Audrey's paintings. Now I'm not an art critic, but I know what I like and I truly loved the color and simplicity of her work. In many ways, it was like Audrey was remembering who she was, and the love she had for life.

This morning all I know is that there is one less voice that was a part of our lives. As sad as I am, I rest in the hope and knowledge that God is who He claim's to be, and will do what He has promised He would do. What I believe......Audrey now knows the complete truth of it.

Thanks for making our lives a little richer Audrey....

michael b.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...